Saturday, May 13, 2006

home again

Ira started feeling better Thursday morning. He was smiling and clapping for any and every one. It was evident at that point that unless there was some lurking virus in the nearby room that swooped in under the door and made its way up Ira's crib and into his trach that we would go home sooner rather than later. The doc gave us the hopeful word later Thursday morning: We'll get you out of here on Saturday morning. I wanted to come home and blog about it but I knew better. I kept my mouth shut. And sure enough, we brought the boy home this morning. Once again, it's good to have him home.
----------------------------------
I imagine that this kind of thing will be routine for Ira. That we'll fight sicknesses for as long as we can here at home but will concede when Ira starts showing signs of respiratory distress. And at that point, we'll take him to the hospital where he can get an IV and a bit more respiratory help. These kind of hospital stays seem manageable.
----------------------------------
We did this hospital stay without our moms around. I know both my mom and Laura's mom had bags packed and were ready to make their way up here if need be but we were pretty optimistic about Ira's return home so we told them to stay put. I would be lying if I said it wasn't a big deal to do this on our own because it certainly was. Laura and I put in 24 hour shifts at the hospital and then switched to care for Sophia. We're pretty wiped out and realize how valuable having our moms around was to us.

Mom, Kay, if we ever took you guys for granted I'm so very sorry. You both helped out so very much over the past five months. We couldn't have done it without you. We love you both and are blessed to have you as our moms!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, GLO AND KAY

-

3 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

Welcome home angel boy! Have a wonderful Mother's Day Laura!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Happy Mom's Day, Glo and Kay and LAURA!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Happy Mother's Day to every mother out there with a special one to Laura; who is most amazing.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home