Thursday, November 02, 2006

good news

The word from St. Louis is that Harvey made it through the surgery just fine. They took out his bladder and prostrate. They made a new bladder using some of his colon. Harvey's recovery will be long but the prognosis seems good. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. And thank you for the kind words some of you shared concerning Harvey.
-------------------
Ira is movin' and groovin'. The kid won't stop. He scoots around on his butt and can go just about anywhere he wants. This isn't really new news as I posted this same news a week ago but I'm just amazed that Ira is where he is considering what he's gone through. I'm in awe of him.
------------------
I'm pretty much a Halloween scrooge. I don't get the whole dressing up thing and don't get excited about the prospect of knocking on doors begging for candy. Laura sorta adopted my take on Halloween. But then we went out on our stoop on Halloween night to hand out candy. Everyone on our block was out on their respective stoops. But because Ira was out, our stoop was suddenly the place to be. We had a blast. Sophia had no interest in going door to door because everyone was coming over to us. It was the most fun I've had in a while!
------------------
Have I mentioned that I miss Laura? Have I mentioned that I miss her terribly?

-

2 Comments:

Blogger sirEller said...

Praise God

2:57 PM  
Blogger christine pinson said...

praise God for a successful surgery...

we continue to praise God for the daily blessings that you see in Ira. we are also in awe of him, and see the Lord's power working in and through him.

we're still sad that we were literally walking down your street when we were in NY in May and didn't even know it and get to meet you! we're hoping to make another trip soon, so hopefully we can have another chance!

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home