Wednesday, November 01, 2006

my father-in-law

Harvey, my father-in-law, was diagnosed with cancer of the bladder about a month ago. In the initial procedure, the doctors were able to remove a mass of cancer. However, results came back from the biopsy that showed an aggressive cancer in the walls of the bladder. He's having surgery on Thursday to remove the bladder. Laura, along with her two brothers, are in St. Louis.

The surgery begins at 7:30 a.m. and will last up to seven hours as they will reconstruct Harvey's bladder using some of his colon. However, if they find more cancer while he's cut open, they'll simply remove the bladder, close him up and schedule chemo as soon as possible.

I look up to Harvey - and not just because he's tall and the father of my wife - but because he's an upright man who is gentle, loving and sincere. If you give it a thought tonight, tomorrow morning or during the next couple of days and weeks, pray for Harvey and the family. Send your well wishes his way. And if you're ever in St. Louis, stop and say hello to Harvey and Kay. You won't regret meeting them and spending time with them.

-

5 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I will pray.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

You got it.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

I have known Kay and Harvey for as long as I can remember, my cousins grew up with Laura. Harvey is a wonderful, wonderful man. My prayers are with the family. God bless.

5:48 PM  
Blogger James E. Miller said...

I had the chance to grow up a few houses down from Harvey and the rest of the Heintz clan. They are a wonderful family!

Harvey has been in our prayers, and Sara and I hopefully will be able to see them over the Thanksgiving holiday.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Of course we will pray for Harvey and the fam...and I could not agree more with your comments on the kind of man he is!!!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home