Monday, April 02, 2007

the ring

Just when I think I've come to know everything there is to know about my wife, she surprises me. There are so many sides to Laura. She is at once calm and collected while also anxious and scattered. She is reserved while also loquacious. She is graceful while also clumsy. She walks the straight and narrow while veering off onto the wild side. It's not that my wife is totally unpredictable or moody. She's far from those characteristics but she is a complex person and I love that about her. For example, I'll never forget the day she walked through the door with her new nose-ring. I was in awe. She had mentioned that she wanted one but I never expected her to really get one. She blew my mind. (And, for your information, I think the nose-ring on Laura is totally hot!) This coming weekend we will celebrate Laura's birthday. I can't wait to celebrate many more with her because I've got much to learn about this wife of mine. In the meantime, I'll keep admiring that nose-ring!

-

5 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

That is so sweet!!!!

Laura, Have a great Birthday weekend! I hope you get some time to yourselves to enjoy the day!

XOXO
Barb

11:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Laura! She is truly wonderful to be around.

3:11 PM  
Blogger erinlo said...

I always thought Laura was so cool-totally looked up to her when we were at ACU. One more reason to think she's cool....a nose ring....very cool.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Wendy Power said...

I know a woman who uses hers as an opener to talk about Jesus - "Body piercing saved my life. Do you want to know how?" I think it looks great.

Happy birthday, Laura!

1:54 AM  
Blogger holly said...

Dude, her nose ring IS hot. Empirically. Happy birthday, Laura!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home