Thursday, March 16, 2006

Normal Day

My oldest sister found a poem and passed it on to my other sister. And she, in turn, passed it on to me. It speaks so perfectly to what we long for around here:

NORMAL DAY
by Mary Jean Iron

Normal day,
Let me be aware of the treasure you are.
Let me learn from you, love you,
Bless you before you depart.
Let me not pass you by
In quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.
Let me hold you while I may,
For it may not always be so.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
Or bury my face in the pillow,
Or stretch myself taut

Or raise my hands to the sky
And want more than all the world,
Your return.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Yes.

I know that day well.

11:37 AM  
Blogger julie said...

Here's wishing you a normal day.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home