Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Not So Good



Today was a hard day for Ira. He is not himself. There is a lot to explain but he won't be extubated tomorrow. The doctors want to add Nitric Oxide to the respitory mix as a preemptive move but Laura and Joe said that they wanted to confer with Dr. Stolar before they went that route. He has been off Nitric for a while and to go back on it would be considered a step backwards.

They are all emotionally spent. Laura's drained. Joe's mom is drained, and Joe feels like he is in a daze. I don't have the right words to express how discouraged they feel right now. Ira has come a long way, but every step forward seems to be met with two steps back at this point.

8 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

"Come to me, ... and I will give you rest."

12:15 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

on my knees for you guys!
I don't have enough comforting words, but just know you are loved and prayed for!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Tammy M. said...

God your mercies are new every morning, You are the sustainer of everything. Rejuvinate all who are with Ira give them fresh hope, give them comfort. Give Ira a day that is filled with good news. I longingly pray through Jesus who is the reason we know that we are assured of everlasting life. Amen.

7:34 AM  
Blogger julie said...

After reading this post, I know that Ira will be on my heart all day....standing beside you.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Cody Blair said...

peace and strength

peace and strength

peace and strength

3:11 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I was in a huge storm last night and worried that I might not make it through. At the very worst moment, I felt guided, I allowed myself to be led. I pray that God will lead Ira towards his healing path. Guide him, Lord, for he needs your grace.

And be with this family, guide them guide them to peaceful healing.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

You're in my constant thoughts and prayers!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Joe & Laura --

We don't know you personally, haven't met you. But we have friends in common in multiple states. You are being prayed for & have been prayed for by churches all over the country. Texas, California, Oklahoma, New Mexico, just the ones we know of. We remember you constantly in prayer -- for Ira's health, for your decision-making, and for your peace of mind. As a mother I can hardly imagine the decisions you must make every day. We pray God will give you peace & rest --

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home