Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day, Laura

It was last Mother's Day that Laura got to hold Ira for the first time ever. Sophia and I were at church in Manhattan and when we went over to the hospital Laura was glowing. A veteran nurse thought it was ridiculous that Laura sit by Ira's bedside the entire day without getting to hold him. So for ten minutes, Laura got to hold Ira. It made her day.
-----------------------
At Laura's surprise birthday party a couple of months ago, many people said incredible things about her. They spoke of her quiet strength, her authenticity, her unbiased love for all, her servanthood. I spoke of how I couldn't have done the past year without her. I know Sophia and Ira feel the same about her. Happy Mother's Day, Laura. Our family is blessed to have you.
------------------------
How well do you really know Laura? At her b-day party, I gave this quiz. You are welcome to test your Laura knowledge by clicking on this link. Good luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger victoria said...

Happy Mom's Day Laura. I admire your strength as a woman and as a momma!! I have a sister with severe disabilities and grew up with an amazing mom too. My sister is now 30 and still lives with my mom--so thank goodness for stong mommas and poppas too!!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

I have to admit...I'm pretty proud of myself that I am now in the #3 spot on the quiz rank. I pulled it off even with a portion of the answers missing. (presently patting self on back) That was fun. Laura's a groovy girl.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home