Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Jokester

I play city league basketball. I got connected with my current team via my upstairs neighbor. Almost all the guys on the team are business professionals of some sort or stripe. They know what I do and will occasionally joke about how the only way our team is any good is because we have God on our side. Recently, after a game, several of us were walking to the subway. The guys were talking about what it takes to make partner at their respective jobs. The amount of hours, the skills needed and the hurdles to jump are pretty daunting. I felt a little left out of the conversation so I piped in when there became a lull in the conversation on partnership:
Well, I'm thinking about becoming a partner in my profession as well. It's an unprecedented move as The Trinity hasn't ever allowed a fourth but I believe the model and strategy are outdated.
There were a couple of uneasy - or complimentary? - laughs but I thought my joke worthy of much more, no?

Speaking of more - or less, an international meeting was considering a report about a food shortage. Each group at the meeting found the report confusing. The African delegation asked, "Food? What is food?" The Europeans wondered what was meant by the term shortage. The American delegation asked, "Could someone please explain the phrase 'rest of the world'?"

Have a good night folks. I'll be here, same place, same time, next week.

-

2 Comments:

Blogger jch said...

The second joke I found in the Aug 22 edition of Christian Century.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Funny. I would have laughed. Hard.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home