Wednesday, August 22, 2007

that one song

I'm guessing that most of us at some point or another have been to a party or a bar or some kind of gathering in which the main form of entertainment was karaoke. Not long ago, I was attending a wedding and the at the reception the question was posed, What is your one karaoke song? In other words, If you could choose one, and only one, song in which to perform karaoke style what would it be?

I suddenly pictured myself on death row. Instead of choosing one last meal I was being asked to choose one last song to perform. I gave it some thought and came up with nothing. The thought has popped into my head a couple of times and still nothing. Until today.

My one karaoke song would be...

wait for it...

Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi.

I wish there were some deep meaning behind me choosing this song. I wish it weren't as shallow as the song rocks but that's about it. The song rocks. Plain and simple.

So what about you? What's your one karaoke song?

-

15 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Awesome blog post!!! I think that is a great choice of song, one that reflects your newly sprouted east coast roots. My song is and will always be Cracklin Rosie!! What can be more fun then singing about a man and his inflatable love doll.

12:39 PM  
Blogger victoria said...

I always sing it--Love Shack!

2:20 PM  
Blogger RD said...

'Little Red Corvette' -The Artist Formerly Known as Prince

back in 4th grade I could hit those high notes.

2:46 PM  
Blogger kelly w said...

strawberry wine...deanna carter i think?!?

3:04 PM  
Blogger Storgan Manley said...

'Don't look back in anger' - Oasis

but maybe you should check out this list of songs to avoid singning at Karaoke

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2007/08/20/top-10-karaoke-songs-to-avoid-at-all-costs/#more-15121

3:46 PM  
Blogger Klint Pleasant said...

Joe and Laura,

I read your BLOG on a regular basis and want to pass on this information to you. If I had an infant who was in critical condition I’d want you two to be praying on my child’s behalf. If you haven’t already heard- please stop and pray for Baby Bennett Speck. (Baby of Travis and Kelly Speck- Alum of ACU) Thank You!

http://www.totsites.com:80/tot/bennettmitchell

http://www.prayingforbennett.blogspot.com/

(I grew up in St. Louis and knew Laura as a friend of Megan McIlroys (sp?) and as a counselor at Neotez. I grew up at McKnight Road C of C.) Your family continues to be in my prayers as well.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Klint Pleasant said...

The message above is from Rachel P.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Red red wine.... You make me feel so fine!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Casey. said...

I'm thinking "Don't Leave Me This Way"--Thelma Houston, for dramatic effect.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Byron said...

Don't leave out "Every Rose has it's Thorn" by Poison.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Zeb and Ally Pent said...

it's rainin'
men.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I actually sang Karaoke last night and the song I chose was....Callin' Baton Rouge by Garth Brooks. I was even wearing a sequin blue cowby hat, patting the side of my leg, and stomping my foot. My friends were very tickled.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

if i recall correctly, j-wild and my husband created their own rendition of your karaoke song about ten years ago. there's a video floatin' around somewhere that's just hurtin' to be dug up and used as blackmail.

1:33 PM  
Blogger NakiaInSTL said...

Here are a few things that one should consider before performing a karaoke tune:

~don't pick a song that's too slow,
or too long, or one that no one else knows

The song I always pick is "The Jeffersons" theme song. It's 30 seconds, everyone knows it, and I BRING THE HOUSE DOWN, boy!!

I shake and shimmy, and give it all I've got for those precious seconds, and it drives the crowd WILD ;)

11:53 PM  
Blogger Kester Smith... said...

"don't let the sun go down on me" by elton john. no contest.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home