Thursday, May 25, 2006

American Idol in the hospital

Were you part of the 60plus million who voted for Taylor or Katherine? More people voted, according to Seacrest, for last night's crowning of the new American Idol than any president ever elected. Is that a sad commentary or what?

Anyway, Ira and I watched the last 30 minutes of the finale - Hey, the Yanks were playing the BoSox. You couldn't expect me to watch the whole friggin' two hour Idol, could you? - from the PICU. Yep, Ira's back in. This will probably be much like the last time around - a short stay to build Ira back up. One of the doc's put it this way, "Ira lives on the edge of being hospitalized. So any little thing will put him back in the hospital." My sister put it this way, "It's like every little germ in the whole city is floating around looking for Ira...Did someone write that kid's name and address in a bathroom stall somewhere? 'For a good time, call Ira Hays...'"

So did anyone else notice the green wristband of the cowboy, Garet Johnson, on American Idol in that segment, "Brokenote Mountain"? That wristband sure did look familiar...

-

7 Comments:

Blogger victoria said...

Sorry to hear that he is back in the hospital. And yes I was almost in tears when I saw the wristband and knew it was an Ira band!! Ira was at American Idol!!

8:27 AM  
Blogger D.J. said...

I did notice the wristband, and Garet obviosly wanted to make sure it was prominent since he wore it over his white, long sleeved shirt.

I'm sorry to hear that Ira is back in the PICU. Still praying.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Glo said...

And speaking of American Idols...Laura is my American Idol! Her precious, sweet, gorgeous voice as she sings to her sweet baby boy is absolutely the best! Rest, Ira, peacefully is my prayer for you and your mom and dad and sister this day.
Love,
Mom/Gram/Glo

10:07 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Funny thing...

I didn't notice the wristband, but my friend Ginger did. She called to ask if I'd seen it. "That cowboy was wearing an Ira wristband!" she exclaimed. "Did you see it? On the outside of his shirt sleeve!"

Wouldn't THAT be cool to add to the scrapbook? Ira on American Idol!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Indie Pereira said...

I miss everything! I saw those darn cowboys but totally missed the wristband.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I think it is so strong and wonderful of you to keep your spirits high and your sense of humour in the forefront. I hope Ira gets out soon soon soon.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Pearson Family said...

I saw the wristband!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home