Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ira's scrapbook

Stacy is moving forward with Ira's scrapbook. She's made real progress as you can see from the screen shot here. Click here to see more and by the way, it's not too late to send in your pics.

As I looked at the pictures and read what people wrote, I was once again reminded of the importance of community. I was reminded that Laura and I have made it this far because of those surrounding us. I was reminded of how necessary it is to have others willing to carry you, lift you up, protect you.

The stories of how you have helped us are many: from our upstairs neighbors who watch Sophia when we need to make an emergency run to the hospital, to those of you we don't know and have never met but have given to us financially and spiritually.

Thank you, friends, for helping us over the past year. Thank you for your kind words. for your prayers. for your tangible generosity. for your willingness to follow our story and care.

I hope and pray that I will become a better person, a better minister in light of all that has happened and is happening.

-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home