Tuesday, May 30, 2006

you got a problem with my feet?

After a long night (no nurse last night) I decided I would treat myself to a casual day at the office. I wore a t-shirt, jeans and flip-flops. After dropping off Sophia at day-care, I got on the subway for the trek to work. I noticed a couple of people looking down at my feet.

Were they wondering what kind of job I was going to that would allow such casual dress? Were they checking out my hairy feet? Or were they trying to catch the brand of my flip-flops? We New Yorkers take our footwear very seriously.

I got off the subway and went into my office building. The elevator was quite full. I noticed that a couple of people glanced down at my feet. What's the deal?, I wondered to myself.

I finally got into my office, sat down and decided to see why it was that my feet were attracting such attention. What I found staring back at me were ten brightly painted orange toenails. Sophia thought it a good idea to paint my toenails this past weekend so I let her and then proceeded to forget they were painted.


-

13 Comments:

Blogger Dana M. said...

Joe, that's the best. You get serious Dad/brownie points for that one.

I hope your day is blessed (orange toes and all).

9:54 AM  
Blogger JTB said...

Please, please wear the flip flops to church...I would love to introduce my mom to my minister with the orange toenails.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Casey. said...

Painted toenails are very metrosexual. No worries. They were just jealous of how stylish you are.

9:59 AM  
Blogger kenny said...

Oh my...

10:40 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

You make a good New Yorker, Joe! Love the word "metrosexual". (Did you make that up, Casey?)

OH! I just realized that unless you happen to have nail polish remover in your bag (to match your toenails, of course), you'll have to walk back home with the same orange toenails! LOL!

Thanks, Joe. You made my day!

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhhhhhh...NICE. joe you were th one that taught me to be comfortable with who I am..but cmon man. :)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I got a good laugh from this! So glad Ira is home again.
Karen S.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

crack. me. UP!
Really, they were all looking at your feet and thinking, "Man. I wish I had HIS self-confidence!"
I dare you, on the way home tonight, to say to whomever's looking at your feet:
"It's the newest OPI color, 'Magnifico Mexico: a new terra cotta you'll wear a-lotta'!"
bwahahahahahaha

11:44 AM  
Blogger sirEller said...

That may beat my shoe story in the elevator.. for sure.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

That is hysterical! What a great story to retell her when she's older.

2:39 PM  
Blogger happytheman said...

A day without flip flops is a day without sunshine.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Joyce B. said...

Rock on! Thanks for the laugh.

I'm an Aggie, Lane, and I do look at my feet when I put on flip flops.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Joyce B. said...

Joe - I saw Matt Laeur (Today Show) had on a green wristband today...

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home