Saturday, May 27, 2006

close to home, far from home

We'll take Ira home today. In just a couple of hours, they'll sign off on him and we'll load up and go home. We'll go home with preventative measures in place like higher vent settings and a continuous antibiotic. Both of these measures are intended to keep Ira home but both have their drawbacks. At any rate, we're glad he's coming home.
---------------------------------
I was reminded last night at 1:37 a.m. (according to my watch) what it sounds like when a father and mother loses their child. The wailing is indescribable.

-

4 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

So glad to hear that Ira is coming home. Let's hope he stays home and stays healthy and strong.

The wailing. The hospital. I've been there. Shudder.

7:45 AM  
Blogger erinlo said...

I'm so glad Ira is going home today! I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend- at home.

I'm so so sorry for the family who lost their child. And I'm sorry for the number of times you have witnessed such grief. I can't imagine nor do I want to.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

"The wailing is indescribable."

Yes.

Those are sounds only the Spirit can truly understand.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Joe,
So glad that Ira is coming home soon. I've never had to hear the wailing of parents who have lost their child. It's a sobering reminder of the pain that people all over the world go through on a daily basis. I will pray for the parents you mentioned.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home