Tuesday, August 29, 2006

possibly the greatest wife ever?

My wife's been talking to guys behind my back. Turns out she's been talking to these guys for a couple of weeks. When I finally found out about it, I was ecstatic.

See, my wife's been conniving with my A&M buddies. She desperately wanted to treat me to a quick trip to College Station for a football game and so she called up a couple of my friends. My friends were more than willing to make it happen and so at the end of September, I'll fly into D/FW and we'll all head to College Station to witness the Ags beat the hell outta texas tech. I. Can't. Wait.

For those of you keeping score at home, I went to A&M for two and a half years before transferring to ACU. It was at A&M and my involvement in the Aggies for Christ (AFC) that I learned of my passion for ministry. And yes, even those of us involved in the AFC had no problems yelling with the masses, Beat the Hell Outta texas tech!

-

8 Comments:

Blogger Glo said...

Joe, this is your mother speaking...and you guys are going to be going home with your tails between your legs when MY alma mater, Texas Tech University, shows you Aggies what football is all about!

Thanks, Laura, for making this happen! Need some help in NY while Joe is away? I'm available after Sept. 22 and would be glad to come and love on those babies in Joe's absence.

Love,
Mom/Gram/Glo

12:02 PM  
Blogger c said...

hopefully the aggs will breaze through the first part of the season. enjoy watching the FARMERS FIGHT.

1:06 PM  
Blogger JTB said...

can I ask why the title of this post ends in a question mark? aren't you sure of this by now?

6:02 PM  
Blogger Hoots Musings said...

Wanna take bets that the RedRaiders will kick the hale outta the Ags?

9:09 PM  
Blogger Peggy N Texas said...

Being a Lubbockite from birth and my father's birth, we are TTU all the way!!!! Go Raiders! I think you may have some disappointment at that game, but it will be fun anyway.

Prayers are with you guys!!!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

hook 'em horns

2:18 PM  
Blogger shell said...

Wow! Lots of not so nice comments. :) Joe, David's company is having a huge tailgate at the Tech game and we would love to see you and hug your neck (Look for Atmos Energy on the Duncan drill field -- big tent,free food). If not at the game, maybe if you stop by Bob D's (we live right across the street) we can say hi, I mean, howdy! Glad you're getting to come back to Mecca. Gig 'em Ags!!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Marcie said...

Joe,
Once at an Aggie-TCU game I overheard a frog fan say "Well, beating the Hell outta' the Frogs [Christians] might just be the best thing for them." Ever since then, I proudly participated in this particular yell. Have fun at Kyle Field & yell loud. :0)

BEAT THE HELL OUTTA' TEXAS TECH!

Gig 'em Ags.
Marcie

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home