Sunday, September 24, 2006

Aggieland

This is the week leading up to my trip to Texas A&M in College Station, Texas. Someone over at the New York Times must have heard about my trip because this past Friday they did a piece in their travel section on what one should do in College Station if given 36 hours. (It's a regular Friday piece in the Times. For example, "36 HOURS: Chicago" or "36 HOURS: Jackson, Wyo.") They would, of course, point out that College Station has more drinking establishments per capita than anywhere else in the US. Mom, Dad: I promise I didn't darken the doors of these *establishments* while in college. (wink)

The trip will be ridiculously fast as I'll fly into D/FW on Friday night (that's still four hours away from Aggieland) and leave D/FW on Sunday morning but I'm looking forward to the game, good food and catching up with faithful friends. The NYTimes piece is interesting and all that but I'll let you know what my 36 hours (or less) looked like upon return.

-

4 Comments:

Blogger Marcie said...

Hysterical article. I'm sure you'll go get a cowboy hat & dine in luxury while at A&M... yeah, whatever. At least they threw in a few of the good local favorites... like the Hall, the Chicken, and the best kept hotel secret in town... the MSC Hotel (not that you can actually rent a room there on a football weekend). Where's Freebirds, Los NorteƱos, and Wing's 'N More on that list? Don't they know THESE are the hot spots in Aggieland? I'm sure you will have plenty of time to hit your favs, even if only there for a day.
Have a great time while in Aggieland, Joe, and yell loud!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I'm jealous, Joe. I wish Stacey and I could get down for the game. Have fun.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Chris Ewing said...

Aggie football? Boring. Even better, Meaningless :) No where close to being better than going to an NFL game :) Of course i kid, but do enjoy the trip.

CJE

7:50 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Hi Joe,

This is Amy, Jonathan's mom. We faithfully read your blog and pray for you all, and there is a link to your blog on ours. I won't explain how we know you through the friend of a friend here. :) Anyway, I wanted you to know that my husband and some friends will be making the long trek to this game, too. I don't know that you'll have time to meet him since you'll be cheering so hard, but I'll be thinking of all of you while you are there!

Sincerely,
Amy

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home