Monday, October 02, 2006

good times

The 36 hours I spent in Texas this past weekend was perfect. Well, almost perfect. I wish the outcome of the football game had been different but eating, laughing and reminiscing with friends far outweighed being outscored by texas tech. (Aggies never lose, we just get outscored.)

In spite of being 32 and 33 years old, we somehow found ourselves acting like 19 year old freshmen again. We talked in weird voices, laughed at each others' farts and made fun of each other. One would have been hard-pressed to identify us this weekend as a pharmaceutical sales rep, minister, portfolio manager, physical therapist and architect.

I got to know these guys my freshman year at A&M. I traveled to Asia with these guys and worked an inner-city summer camp with these guys. They supported my transfer to ACU. They stood by my side as I married Laura. They rejoiced with me at the birth of Sophia and have cried with me during painful moments with Ira. They have never quit praying for us. These four guys are exemplars of faith for me today. I can't imagine life without them.

-

2 Comments:

Blogger julie said...

Friends are priceless.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Peggy N Texas said...

I'm flying out tomorrow to spend five days with my best friend. Can't wait.

Glad you can see the greatness in friends because your aggies didn't have it. Saw the last of the game. Must have been heart breaking for the fans there, because it sure got quiet on the TV. Go Raiders!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home