Thursday, November 09, 2006

date night

Laura's back from St. Louis and the reports from there is that Harvey's recovery is slow. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Laura and I went on a date upon her return. My mom watched Sophia while a nurse hung out with Ira. We got gussied up (a phrase I've apparently inherited from my dad) and headed out.

We got on the train and went to the hospital. Romantic, huh? One of Ira's doctors just had a baby and the baby is in the NICU. Because this doctor offered us so much hope with her smile and understanding words during our time in the hospital we thought it appropriate to visit her. We were bummed to have just missed her but being on the NICU floor and watching the families interact in the waiting room was a good reminder of where we've been and how far we've come.

We then scored cancellation tix to the Jersey Boys. The show lived up to its good reviews. After the show we enjoyed a late dinner at the Spotted Pig. We felt hip eating dinner at 10 PM. It was a pretty great evening all the way around.

I'm glad Laura got to go to St. Louis to be with her family. I'm glad she's home.

-

1 Comments:

Blogger mad4books said...

I'm glad you had a romantic date...you two deserve it!

Long time reader from Abilene,
Kristy

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home