Monday, July 23, 2007

trip memory #1

We were on the last leg of our journey. We were all kind of irritable and by this point, kinda sick of each other. The kids were pretty tired. Laura and I were snapping at them pretty easily and Sophia was catching the brunt of it. Finally, Sophia spoke her mind.

With narrowed eyes, a slight shake of the head and with arms crossed defiantly Sophia frustratingly said, "I am exalted! Everyone is being the boss of me!"

We're fairly certain that she meant to say "exhausted". It was a great moment in which we all laughed and it certainly lightened the mood.

-

3 Comments:

Blogger julie said...

I love it! Trips always bring some great memories and quotes that get many miles of use....we are still using some quotes from our move to Texas almost 3 years ago.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Peggy N Texas said...

"Out of the mouths of babes"

9:34 AM  
Blogger mad4books said...

We also have a family memory like this...once, in the middle of a tense, tearful mother-daughter argument, my teenaged sister wailed, "All I'm asking for is a little re-SPILL-a-BONSITY!"

She and my mom both froze and then dissolved into hysterical laughter. Hugs soon followed.

My sister is famous for her Spoonerisms but this one is Mom's all-time favorite...

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home