Wednesday, July 04, 2007

safe in st. louis

Our first day of travel was by far our most labor intensive. We pushed hard and drove for ten hours. With stops, it was a twelve hour day. The kids handled it beautifully. That's not to say that we didn't have our moments but all things considered, they - and therefore, we - did well.

Some observations made:

1) When I told Sophia that we were headed for St. Louis her response was, "Everyone has backyards there!"

2) Saw a pick-up truck with the phrase ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS GO HOME shoe polished on the back window. Note to self: not in NYC any longer.

3) No one flipped me off while driving over the past two days. Note to self: not in NYC any longer.

4) I've suddenly started saying y'all again.

5) Even Sophia will get tired of watching DVDs after a while.

6) We rarely eat fast food in the city. We ate fast food meals twice in two days. I'm feeling it.

We'll catch a fireworks show tonight, go to a Cards game on Thursday (Sophia will wear a Cardinals t-shirt but her Yankees hat!), and relax the rest of the time! On Sunday, we're headed for Tahoka, TX!

-

4 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

I drove to St. Louis on Monday as well (from OKC, not quite as far as your travels). My Mom and I will be at Thursday's baseball game too. Go CARDS!!!!! Enjoy your visit with Laura's friends and family!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Dusty Rush said...

Joe, I'll be at the Cards game Thursday night too! I'm sitting in the center field bleachers with my boys. Look for me - I'll be wearing red!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I am so excited that you guys had a pleasant trip so far. Its so good to hear from you all. Keep us posted. Oh, did the music help the time pass at all?

9:31 AM  
Blogger Peggy N Texas said...

Tahoka, TX. I was born in Lubbock and grew up there and the thing I remember about Tahoka was the fact when you turned 18 you could go to Tahoka for your first beer!

Well.....I never did, but you could!

Hope you have great travels. I just returned from a 16 hour travel day with my daughter and two grand daughters. From Bethany, Missoui to Beaumont, TX)They are great travellers and I so love having DVD's playing to keep their attention. We had a great time and know you guys will as well.

Enjoy your home visit and trip back home!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home