Wednesday, June 13, 2007

marathon man

Our family attended a race car themed birthday party this past weekend in Central Park. It was the birthday of a friend of ours, Levi. His dad, Jason, put together a video of the event. I'm pointing you in that direction for selfish reasons: About two minutes into the video, you'll witness Ira's first race. It takes a while for him to run (walk) it but the cameraman was determined to stay with Ira. (I just want to note that Ira was the only kid to actually run the course correctly!) For Ira, this was his marathon and he did wonderfully.

Hint: Hang around long enough in the video and you'll get to see me racing my daughter. I smoked her!

Check out the video here.

-

5 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Whoop! Go Ira!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Chris Field said...

Ira is too precious there. And you looked pretty fit there yourself, Joe! You been working out?

2:48 PM  
Blogger J-Wild said...

I so wish I had left the additional footage of your race with Sophia. What's on the cutting room floor was just hilarious. Perhaps for the directors cut.

Ira was so amazing and strong. Making the lap wasn't the only thing he was into. I wish all of you could have been there to seem him running around the way he was. It was awesome.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I teared up when I seen Ira moving like that. I love seeing it, too! You guys are an inspiration to Kevin, Johnny and I. Everytime I see you guys taking leaps it inspires us to do the same!

One Day hopefully the two boys can meet! They would have some stories to tell!

XOXO

9:55 PM  
Blogger Laura Scott said...

That looks like too much fun! Way to race Ira! And way to smoke your DAD Sophia!!! I went to the big city a couple of weeks ago and will be coming again in August. I don't know how people have kids there...although I must say I was quite impressed with the parks every two blocks!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home