Sunday, June 10, 2007

more from Jamaica

from Laura's pen

What is it about this island that allows me to feel closer to you? Is it the quiet? The fact that I can't hear traffic all around? That the sounds of birds calling and crickets chirping have replaced the honking and cursing of Brooklyn? Maybe. Or maybe it's the fact that our villa is on somewhat of a mountain and I feel as though I could reach up and almost touch the clouds. The expanse of ocean and sky is a constant reminder of how majestic and artistic you are. Or maybe it's that I have no responsibilities for my children and am trying so hard to entrust their care and needs to you. Probably it's a little bit of all of these combined that's allowing me to feel free to speak to you more and desire walking in your presence. I think about the last time Joe and I got away. It was two years ago before Ira was born. What will the next two years bring? I have absolutely no idea. God, my one request is that you walk with Joe and me into the future.

-

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

That is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home