Wednesday, March 30, 2005


Ira at 34 weeks

This 3D/4D image was captured last Friday (3.30) at our appointment. Laura and I make the trek to upper Manhattan every Friday and every Friday we get to see what Ira is doing inside Laura's womb. Ira is usually active during our visits but this was a rare moment of stillness on his part.

Because Ira's lungs aren't developing, he isn't taking in much fluid which means all that fluid is accumulating outside of Ira in Laura's womb. That isn't such a bad thing and is pretty typical for CDH babies. It just means Laura is getting huge and uncomfortable. And it also means that we are on alert for pre-term labor. We need so desperately to make it to the 39 week mark as the more time Ira can spend inside, the better.

I hope this picture will help concretize your prayers for Ira. Isn't he beautiful?

9 Comments:

Blogger TKP said...

Joe,
Ira is definitely a beautiful baby. Thanks for posting the picture.

1:24 PM  
Blogger sirEller said...

my dear friends:
i thought you'd like to hear what song came to mind when I was looking at your post and staring at your boy...
"i stand to praise you...but i fall to my knees. My spirit is willing, but my flesh is so weak."
I love you guys, you know I'm praying with you.
-the ellers

3:01 PM  
Blogger kenny said...

Thanks so much for posting this. So beautiful.

4:58 PM  
Blogger holly said...

What a handsome guy! Jonathan and I just melted when we saw him. What an anticipated and prayed-for boy he is.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Byron said...

Beautiful. We pray for you daily.
Bundys

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute baby!!!!Ira has been kept in our prayer!

Nikki & Kristin Box

4:51 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Still praying for Ira. He's gorgeous.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Glo said...

He's one of the most beautiful boys I've ever seen...and that's not just because he's our precious grandson! God bless our beautiful boy. And God bless Laura as she continued to nurture this precious baby. And God bless Joe and Sophia as they continue to pray for "Baby Iwa!"

Gram

8:36 AM  
Blogger MDM said...

Little gift...

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home