Monday, March 14, 2005

And now for All Things Considered: (cue ATC theme music)

My favorite TiVo-ed shows:
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Scrubs
Arrested Development
Joan of Arcadia

--------------------------------

I got our fam tickets to the circus. It's what Laura wanted to do for her 30th b-day so that's what we are doing. I look forward to watching Sophia experience the circus. Wait a minute, isn't this supposed to be for Laura?

--------------------------------

My parents are the most gracious people I know. My dad is a CPA and owns his own business. He is loved in his community as one who is honest and hard working. My mom is a junior high principal who has tons of energy. She too is loved by the community as one who is fun and ambitious. It's interesting that the very reasons why they are loved are the very reasons that some in the community don't like them.

--------------------------------

Using the Karvonen Formula I have discovered that my target heart rate zone (at 70%-100%) during my workout is 145 beats/minute - 195 beats/minute.

--------------------------------

Laura and I tour the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) this Friday. I usually think of tours as being fun; a time of discovering new and exciting things; educational and informative...in a good way. I'm, we're, not looking forward to this tour.

--------------------------------

Laura will be induced on April 28, give or take a day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe and Laura... I don't even know where to begin, except to say that I thank God daily for his blessing of people in this world strong and loving enough to take care of his most precious of gifts. The two of you have set such a beautiful example for the four of us "little cousins" and I am so blessed to be a part of your family!

I don't know what you must be feeling and can only hope that you can feel the love of your friends and family during this time as so, so many prayers are being brought before God on your behalf! It hurts my heart to know that you are hurting, but I could not be happier to know that God has entrusted you both with his beautiful baby, Ira. He must have so much faith in you as parents!

Again, I won't presume to know what you two are experiencing, and I know that nothing I can say will make you feel any better. Just know that both of you, Sophia, and Ira are so loved. In my opinion, God shows his amazing gift of love through people like you, Joe and Laura. I love you all dearly! Tell Sophia hello for me!

Grace and peace,
Julie Gay

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home