Friday, February 18, 2005

My niece, Lydia, out in Long Island is six-years-old. She had an assignment for her first grade class to write an essay for Presidents Day. Her essay was recognized as exceptional and was asked to read it in front of the class. With her parents' permission her essay is as follows:

"If I were President, I would help the por. I would by a noo toy if a kid lost its favorit toy. I would clean up litre. I would buleev in peace. I would stay away from guons. I would tern bad gise into good gise. I would love to be presuodint."

As her father, Lance, says: "So what do you guys think? Lydia in '40? Or do we have to wait for the Kingdom for this platform to float?"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,

Let me know what I can do to help Lydia's campaign run.

We got caught up on everything that is going on with your family. We are thinking and praying for you often.

Tell your lovely bride hello.

Brett, Jenny, Zachary, and soon to be Ethan Perkins

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,Laura,Sophia and Jersey,

You've been on my mind this week, Abby sent me here and I've loved the reading! Just wanted to let you know when I was pg. with Corban, 60 combined years of obs. medicine told us to be very concerned about his progress in the womb. Today we hold our precious and healthy son crying tears of joy. Keep praying, we are too for you. God is good, so good and faithful to you! Many hugs, Love, Melisha

2:55 PM  
Blogger TKP said...

I would definitely vote for Lydia, sign me up!

Oh and I'm having lots of fun with Jen T-B here for Lectureship.

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we circulate this in petition form?

I especially love "turn bad guys into good guys." That's so much more Christ-like than blowing them up.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home