Friday, April 08, 2005

Happy 30th Birthday Laura!


Happy 30th Birthday Laura!

Laura woke today and officially entered what my sister calls, The Jesus Years. (Jesus was active for three years and if he died at 33 then it stands to reason that he was active from the age of 30-33.)

Laura's day so far has consisted of waking up at 6 a.m. with a toddler who wants to talk about nothing but the circus. (We went yesterday and Sophia loved it.) Laura is now napping...uncomfortably, I'm sure. When she wakes we will make the hour trek to Upper Manhattan for two late afternoon appointments that will definitely not start on time. By the time we get done there, Laura will be absolutely wiped out. (Her doc said Laura was carrying the equivalent of twins with all the fluid that is building.) So what have I planned for her birthday? Nothing extravagant. We talked about going out but we are both aware that by the end of the day exhaustion will have set in like late afternoon Spring dust storm in west Texas: there will be no avoiding it.

We're grateful -- once again -- to have my sister so close. She just picked up Sophia and will return her on Sunday. We would have a hard time with Sophia's absence but Sophia can't get enough of her cousins, Jack and Lydia. She loves visiting them.

Want to leave Laura a "happy birthday shout out"? Then leave a note to her in the comments and I'll deliver them to her.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Laura!!!! Hope Joe spoils you! -Jay

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Delaura! You look beautiful! Hey, Joe...d! Thanks for taking care of my precious friend.
-ca

4:46 PM  
Blogger TKP said...

"Hooray it's your birthday, happy happy birthday. Hooray it's your birthday, happy happy HEY!"

[Song must be sung while doing the "special birthday dance.")

Dear Laura, happy lovely birthday!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Happy Birthday Laura! This is a good year for birthdays, Jana's got one, Rowan's got one and I've got one. So, enjoy your 30th and let me know how it goes because mine is coming up.

We love you guys and are in prayer for you daily.
Brandon and Jana

9:25 PM  
Blogger Byron said...

Happy Birthday Laura from the Bundy's. Shar has already entered the 30's, and with grace I might add. I continue to hang onto 21. We pray for you daily.

Byron and Sharla

11:19 PM  
Blogger kenny said...

Happy Birthday Laura. I pray that you have a day full of peace.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was told recently that it really starts getting good after 30.

I don't know if "it" in context was life, or sex.

Was afraid to ask.

Happy Birthday in both cases.
Jen

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura (and Joe),
Happy belated birthday! Hope you and Joe enjoyed yourselves. The family is in my prayers.

Java (& Michelle)

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Laura. Your cake looked good!! Love ya, Rob Fitz

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Laura, this is your cousin Brenda. Hope you had a Happy Birthday. You are in my prayers. Love you

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Laura,

This is your other cousin. I am keeping you close to my heart & prayers. I hope all is well in NY, I need to get your email to send some recent pictures of kelly and myself. Hope to keep in touch more often.

-Jeremy

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home