Sunday, May 29, 2005

I got ups!


I got ups!

We had a good weekend. Ira did quite well on Saturday and Sunday. It's not uncommon for Ira to be visited by a doctor or nurse who took care of him the first couple of weeks of his life. Their reaction is always the same: "wow, this kid is strong!" I can't count how many times he's been called the "miracle baby" either. It's good to hear all that.

Sunday night we got out with the Brooklyn church plant, Christ's Church for Brooklyn. We met in Ft. Green Park. We ate food, tossed the hardball, played frisbee and just hung out. There was no singing, no formal praying, no sermon. And we called it church.

The pic above is testimony to my wife's leaping abilities, and in flip-flops! Laura and I were able to release a bit of tension through play and we found ourselves laughing a lot with the group.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Laura could play for the Yankees!! Hopefully, Sophia and Ira will inherit BOTH of their parent's athletic prowess!

Laura, I'm really impressed!

SL

9:47 PM  
Blogger julie said...

There have been many times during your journey as I have followed on your blog that I have cried tears of sadness and of victory. Today's entry with Laura leaping in the air to play frisbee brought more tears to my eyes. So good to see her playing.
grace, Julie

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home