Sunday, May 22, 2005

It's Sunday morning and Ira's doing well. He's been resting quite a bit as if recovering from all the sticking they did earlier this past week. Dr. Stolar, Ira's surgeon, stopped by on Saturday afternoon and said that Ira's heart is improving. It's not normal yet but improving. He said Ira was doing "better". We'll take it!
-----------------------
On another note, Laura and I were able to get out and see Episode III of Star Wars. I gotta say, we weren't as impressed as everyone else and their dog seems to be of this movie. It is by no means the equivalent of the Empire Strikes Back. I wonder if it has anything to do with the merciless Brooklyn crowd we saw it with. The crowd laughed at the love scenes between the incredibly wooden Anakin and Padme and roared in laughter when a prominent character shouted "NOOOOOOOO". I was not convinced of Anakin's turn to the Dark Side. So maybe we were influenced by the audience we saw it with but I can't get over the wooden-ness of the acting and the poor dialogue.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My internet has been down for over a week - not good for the EBay business! But I have you all in my heart and prayers every day, even though you don't hear from me. I love you and Laura, and pray for you both to have peace and comfort in your hearts and for Ira to continue to grow to be a strong man of God. Joe, Star Wars movies are stupid, anyway - I always fall asleep in them! Kaki

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tahoka Church of Christ sang "Happy Birthday dear Ira", this morning. May it be the first of many, for he has lifted our hearts and lifted our spirits. The congregation has prayed unceasing for Ira and the Hay's family. Glory be to God for answering them.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe and Laura,
So excited about Ira's progress. Every little step he takes brings him closer home. You have been so patient. Our small group continues in prayer for your family every day. We rejoice when you rejoice and weep when you weep. The community of faith has been deepened because of Ira. We pray more often, give thanks frequently, and with humility, claim victory over suffering through the sacrifice of our savior Jesus Christ.
Be well today. Peace and Grace to you, Laura, Sophia, and Ira.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a friend of Steve and Julie and Ethan and have been praying for and following Ira and his parents faith for the past couple of weeks. I was informed this morning of the connection of Ira to his great grandfather Top! Top holds a special place in my heart from growing up in Abilene and I am a big, big fan of his. I am so thankful little Ira has not only his name but also his fighting spirit! I know Top is very proud right now of you leaning on Jesus unconditionally! Thank you Joe and Laura for your faith display! I will continue to pray for more miracles for baby Ira!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home