Tuesday, July 26, 2005

(WARNING: Thoughtless/Meaningless/Shallow post to follow)

Celeb T-Shirts Are Cool?

If you live in New York City - or LA from what I hear/read - you know that celeb t-shirts are chic. The trend took off when Eva Langoria wore the "I'll Have Your Baby, Brad" t-shirt. "Free Katie" t-shirts are selling like crazy. My personal favorite are the new "Jon Stewart for President" tees as I'm a big fan of Stewart's.

I love a good t-shirt. Laura and I particularly enjoy t-shirts from American Apparel and Brooklyn Industries. (Check out BI's Aslan tees.) While celeb t-shirts are cool and while they give me a laugh as I pass by people wearing them I'll stick with the lesson I learned back in the '80s when I begged and pleaded for a "Where's the Beef" t-shirt. It - and in turn, I - was cool for like a day and then I was back to being the dork that I really was.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Always remember...

in five years, all of these shirts will end up in Africa. Remember some of the shirts we saw in Togo? Point made.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who you calling thoughtless? :)
Misswit.
Develop Don't Destroy Brooklyn

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home