Monday, August 08, 2005

We're horrible parents!

As if bringing a portable DVD player to Ira's room to pacify our daughter wasn't bad enough, we yet again showed our incredible parenting skills by taking our sensitive two year old to Sesame Place so that she could spend the day crying. She cried with Oscar. She cried with Grover. She cried with Bert. She didn't want to get in the water.

We decided to take a day trip into Pennsylvania with Sophia needing desperately to get away from the city. We drove to the hospital early on Friday morning to see Ira and headed to Sesame Place. The trip was fun in spite of Sophia being miserable. It was good to get away and Ira was in good hands with his Grandma Kay Kay.





6 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Joe - did you hear that Cookie Monster is now telling kids not to eat cookies ALL THE TIME? What does Sophia think of that? :-)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Poor Sophia. ;) I had to chuckle when I read this post. Rowan is sick this weekend and we've been letting him watch movie after movie, so I guess we're "horrible parents" too.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

LOL! They cry with Santa, too!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cute pitures. How I remember the Seseme Street Days, and how the years have gone by so fast. Matt will be a Senior this year and Tyler is learning to drive. I feel old. Still praying for you guys. Glad Ira is doing better.
Love you, Brenda

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the "Vicki" who posted here is my mother. My parents have a series of pictures of me crying with Santa every Christmas from 2 to about 5. There are also pictures of me crying in the snow, and at the zoo, and maybe even at Sesame Place in Dallas. I also cried at Six Flags, and AstroWorld and in the Corpus Christi Bay, there just aren't any pictures.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe and Laura-
You guys are FAR from being horrible parents. Jake and I witnessed first hand what wonderful parents you have and continue to be to both Sophia and Ira. We were completely amazed at your dedication to both of your precious children. As parents I think we'll always question if we're doing enough. I hope you'll give yourselves permission to turn on the DVD player and not feel quilty...you both need the break. Also, what a great idea to take her to Sesame Street...it'll be a memory I'm sure ALL of you won't forget!! We love you guys so much. Jake and Abbie

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home