Monday, September 19, 2005

Haroun and Napoleon

So I write this "woe is me, life is hard, I'm so sad" post below and then I open up my latest read, Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie where the opening lines are these:
There was once, in the country of Alifbay, a sad city, the saddest of cities, a city so ruinously sad that it had forgotten its name. It stood by a mournful sea full of glumfish, which were so miserable to eat that they made people belch with melancholy even though the skies were blue.

In the north of the sad city stood mighty factories in which (so I'm told) sadness was actually manufactured, packaged and sent all over the world, which never seemed to get enough of it. Black smoke poured out of the chimneys of the sadness factories and hung over the city like bad news.
I think I'll turn on Napoleon Dynmaite now and attempt to laugh. After all, Napoleon is pretty good with the bow-staff.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Keep reading!!! It's a fun read and plenty there to make you smile. A storyteller like yourself will love it...

9:58 PM  
Blogger Casey. said...

I apologize for the sad beginning, but I promise it gets better. I don't make people read my sad books.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Tammy M. said...

All I know is....if I were a wolverine I would be in hiding right now. I definately wouldn't be hanging out at Napolean's cousins house .... what would you do?

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was directed to your blog from Mike Cope's post about your Ira.

This doesn't compare to the day in, day outs of your journey, but I have a six year old son with autism. I have my days where I get so sick of taking him to speech and to OT, getting him ready for school, listening to his repeating of favorite movie lines over, and over, and over again.

We want very much to be godly examples . . . but I think God understands when we shake our fists at Him at times.

4:28 PM  
Blogger TKP said...

"LaFawnduh is *the* best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm 100% sure she's my soul mate. Don't worry Napolean, I'm sure one day you'll find a babe that's right for you. Peace out."

You guys need to call JTB's phone number to listen to her voice message. It always makes me feel better.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home