Thursday, October 27, 2005

A Celebrity Sighting!



Seeing the head coach of the Texas A&M Aggies, Coach Franchione, around College Station, TX is like seeing a celebrity. My brother-in-law, Ryan, went to a social in which Coach Fran was present. Ryan was determined to get a pic with Coach Fran in which Ryan's IRA LESTER HAYS wristband was present.

So there aren't many degrees of seperation from Ira and a College Station celebrity. As if that weren't enough, Coach Fran and his crew are trying to recruit my friend Anthony. I wrote about Anthony here. Pretty cool, huh? Thanks, Ryan, for sending in your pic.

And finally, BEAT THE HELL OUTTA IOWA STATE!

2 Comments:

Blogger Glo said...

Joe, I want to share a short story about another nice New Yorker (even though he was born and raised in West Texas). I went to see "Phantom of the Opera" when I visited you recently. A Lubbock native, David Gaschen, played the "Phantom" superbly that night. Upon my return to West Texas, I called David's brother, Paul, and told him how much I had enjoyed David's performance.

Today I received one of David's cd's in the mail from Paul with the following note: "He (David)has a definite talent for singing but, more importantly, he has a great heart and a love for his Lord and people...He lists his teachers as some of the greatest heroes he has ever had. I hope that you will accept the song as a gift from David as a tribute to all you and your fellow teachers do for kids."

These New Yorkers never cease to amaze me with their kindness and caring!

We were glad to hear that Ira had a good night last night and only a "little" reflux this morning. I think what happened a couple of nights ago is what Sandra (NICU nurse) would refer to as "Ira being Ira!"

Love you guys soooo much! Son, don't let your cousin Jay get to you with his "Longhorn" comments! He's just trying to get you to wrestle him now that he's as big as you are!

Love,
Mom

2:43 PM  
Blogger Hoots Musings said...

Hi Glo,
I remember David Gaschen as a boy from Lubbock. I was friend with his sister Terri in junior high in good old Lubbock.

David sang the Star Spangled Banner at the Texas Tech/Kansas State game a few weeks ago, and it was awesome!!!

Go RED RAIDERS....BEAT A&M!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home