Monday, November 28, 2005

Glad to meet you!

We had a great Thanksgiving. My mom and dad came up from Tahoka, Texas. My sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew came up from Atlanta. And my other sister and brother-in-law and two nephews came up from College Station, Texas. They all arrived on Wednesday and left on Sunday. We effectively added ten more people to our daily routine here in Brooklyn. Wow.

We went to the Macy's Day Parade, had a huge meal, visited Grand Central Station to watch the laser show and see the train exhibition in the Museum Annex and visited until we couldn't visit any more! Everything went as planned.

Well, almost everything. What I didn't expect was how hard I would fall for Joey. Joey is the foster baby of my sis and bro-in-law of College Station. We've met several of their former foster children but this was our first time meeting Joey. I can't give the details of Joey's life situation as I don't know many of them but let me just say that my sister and brother-in-law are hoping to adopt Joey. And we hope will all our heart that Joey gets to be a part of our permanent family. Jackie and Ryan, thanks for taking on a ministry that many of us dare not do.



Joey is the baby not looking at the camera. He's looking at the family as if saying, "Do I want to be a part of this?"

2 Comments:

Blogger kmm0305 said...

Hi! Another random visitor here--I was up at midnight doing yet another search on CDH while my CDH baby sleeps in my lap. I'm always interested in the personal stories and hope to have a chance to read your whole story soon.

Our baby girl was born Aug 11th, 2005 with a right-sided CDH. We had no idea of her condition before she was born. We understand much of what you are going through!

Ira looks great and we hope things are going well for everyone in your family.

Kristyn--from Iowa

12:58 AM  
Blogger J-Wild said...

Joe, why do you have to go against the grain and wear a white shirt. I know you're a senior Pastor, but so is Katie and she is down with the program! Ira and your nephews have an excuse...their kids.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home