Monday, December 19, 2005

Who Will It Be?

My friend, Anthony Lewis, just made his decision about where he'll play college ball. When I talked with Anthony's mom this morning I asked her, "Are you guys excited or what?" She responded, "we're relieved."

She went on to describe what it's been like for 17-year-old Anthony over the past couple of years as college football programs have vied for his attention and commitment. I can't imagine what kind of pressure Anthony faced but I hope he can rest easy this Christmas knowing coaches and internet recruiting hounds won't be calling every day of the week.

Congrats, Anthony. May you experience peace in your decision and may you be blessed in it. Oh, and one more thing: WHOOP!

2 Comments:

Blogger Glo said...

Gig 'em, Anthony! The "Whoop" tells me he's heading for College Station 'cause "Whoop" just doesn't fit a Notre Dame guy! We'll look forward to watching him play and getting to know him when we visit College Station.

Love you, Joe and Laura....and Sophia (who can sing "These are a few of my favorite things" to Great-Aunt Jackie and Gram on the phone) and Ira (who now has three teeth and can sorta' sit up!).

Mom/Gram/Glo

8:55 AM  
Blogger kenny said...

Well, it seemed like a win-win situation... but the Irish sure could have used him.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home