Tuesday, January 03, 2006

8 years

I remember our ceremony like it was yesterday. I wanted the song "God Has Smiled on Me" blasting out of the speakers when I came down the isle. I can remember thinking to myself that I had absolutely no doubts about marrying this Joe guy. I knew in my head there would be good times and bad times ahead. But my heart had no idea. Even still, there is no one else I would rather travel with on this journey called life.

Joe, thank you for loving me; for showing me your love through your faithfulness to me; for loving our family and keeping us your first priority. Thank you for your example of faith through the storm of 2005. I love you more today than I did yesterday and less than I will tomorrow. Happy Anniversary.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found your blog through Mike Cope's blog. You are often in my thoughts and prayers.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet. Happy Anniversary guys.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Byron said...

Your marriage through this season in your lives is such a wonderful example. Thank you for sharing with us.
Sharla

3:32 PM  
Blogger hannah said...

I remember going to your wedding with my parents at McKnight. I knew Laura from Camp Neotez and church friends, have only seen Joe at your wedding 8yrs ago. As a highschooler at the time, your wedding made such a positive impression on me- and what a God centered relationship would look like. It still stands out as one of the best weddings, even without personally knowing you. I didn't find it at ACU, but its obvious you guys found the best! My green Ira bracelet has me telling Memphis about your little hero & why he's nominated for "Person of the Year".. I say you're also up for "Parents of the Year". Praying daily until good news comes! -Hannah Stevens

8:28 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

You and Joe have been wonderful examples of a Christian couple... seeing you both pre and post marriage, as we embarked on the early days of our friendship, had an incredibly powerful effect. And your example only continues and grows.

And "God has smiled on me" is one of my favorite wedding moments ever (didn't you sing it before the actual ceremony?) And wasn't Chiquita the flower girl?

kevin

3:34 PM  
Blogger Dana M. said...

I have to echo Kevin's sentiments. I love that I have caught back up with you guys now, after knowing you just before you married. You guys still remain an amazing example of godly courting, dating and relationship-building. I have always regretted not staying in touch so that I could have benefitted from our friendship even longer.
You truly are an amazing couple, and I just can't express how intensely my heart prays for Ira. My officemates keep catching me crying in front of the computer, and as I give them updates, we stop and pray for your whole family.
I hope you feel peace and comfort today. I hope Ira feels strong today.
Much love,
Dana

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home