Sunday, January 01, 2006

How's Ira?

Not good.

Good would indicate that Ira is making progress in being weaned off the ventilator. Good would mean they could wheel the oscillator out of the corner of the room because they're sure it's not needed. Good would mean that Ira's list of drugs would slowly diminish.

At this point, Ira's not as stable as the medical staff wants him to be. Stable would indicate that Ira is able to tolerate certain set levels on the ventilator and that his meds are what they need to be. Stable would indicate that his saturation level and other stats are on target.

Saturday was another hard day. Ira de-satted a couple of times and it took the doctors, nurses and respiratory therapists quite some time to get Ira back to where he needed to be. He's currently on 100% oxygen and they continue to fool with his meds. We aren't shooting for progress at the moment. We're just hoping for stabilization.

8 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Then stabilization is what we ask Jehovah-Rapha for first, followed by a healing that will amaze everyone.

Thank you, Joe, for taking the time to keep us updated, when I know you are tired.

Feel that we all are beside you and Laura and Ira, if only in spirit. Listen to our hearts...

7:52 AM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

There will be prayer warriors lifting up Ira's name in St. Louis this morning. God is good all the time. The angels are close by. Fear not, for His grace is sufficent.

In His name,

Brad Stevens

9:22 AM  
Blogger Little Light said...

Am constantly praying for Ira with hope and confidence.

9:37 AM  
Blogger julie said...

Praying, praying, praying.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Lord, In Your Mercy, Hear our Prayers.
Be Strong.

10:07 AM  
Blogger JKMeeks said...

Want you to always know we are still praying. ALL THE TIME!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Flint Academy said...

Joe,Laura and little ones,
There are very few things in life that are as difficult as watching someone you love hurting, especially a child that you call your own. As a parent we want to be able to make everything okay for our children, to not allow them to suffer. It must be absolutely exhausting to do so on a daily basis. A crazy kind of love sustains you, the love of Ira. The kind of love that would have you trade places with him in an instant so that you could take all the pain away. In getting "real" with God this year about Sam, I told Him that I just wanted Sam to be instantly healed so that we could just move on and not have to deal with autism on a daily basis. He responded in saying, "You have to share him. He is not yours alone." I was so angry at that. I cried. I didn't want to share my little boy and Mike and I were feeling so tired. The next day at church, Sam's special helper leaned down, gave him a hug and said, "I love you Sam". And, God reminded me of what He had said. My son is not mine alone. Even in his young life, he has been called as a witness, a testimony. Ira is serving as a missionary in the lives of so many. The sacrifice is huge. I want to praise God for your courage and I pray for strength and restoration for all of you. Melissa

10:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I love what Melissa said. And I believe it with ALL of my heart. Ira is the DEFINITION of a living sacrifice in the name of Christ. God is doing amazing things in SO many people's lives through him and your whole family. I love all of you and my heart, my thoughts, my prayers are with you. Thank you for being a constant teacher to me. I LOVE YOU IRA.

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home