Sunday, December 17, 2006

Updates

My wife tells me that sometimes I post things on the blog and never follow up. Sorry about that folks. So here are a few updates:

1. Ira is feeling better. The throwing-up has stopped...for the most part. For whatever reason, Ira's bugs (sicknesses) stick around longer than in the average joe. We were (and still are!) thankful this bug didn't attack his respiratory system. Once again, we made it through a sickness without going to the emergency room. Yippee for Ira!

2. Our basketball team won it's championship game. Each one of us got fairly large trophies. While it kinda felt silly to receive these, I think each one of us deep down were giddy about them. Those of us with significant others were forced to take our trophies to our offices. But there's no rest for the champions, we're already two games into our next season. On another note, I play pick-up bball three times a week at the Y and play with my league team once a week. I play basketball four times a week. Question: Why is it that my body hurts all the time? I'm not that old, am I?

3. You won't find the videos I'm posting on this blog at YouTube. No need for that service! You'll have to make an offer I can't refuse if you want to know my "how to" secrets. (Thanks to Sean for showing me the way.) Thanks for your positive feedback concerning them. They won't win any trophies for editing, directing, acting, etc but the grandparents are happy and that's all that really matters.

4. We've enjoyed getting holiday greeting cards from many of you. Laura and I have gone back and forth as to whether we should send a card or not. We finally decided that you already know more about us than you care to and besides, we're feeling kinda lazy this year. I've already thrown together a Happy Holidays Vlog that will serve as our official greeting. Stay tuned...

-

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,

Thanks for the props on the vlog. They're a lot of fun putting together aren't they? -- though a little more time consuming than just punching out text. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas. I just got back from hanging with Kraig Martin. He's still gloating about A&M/UT. Later!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Kester Smith... said...

You should absolutely not be sweating sending out holiday cards. You and your family have a great Christmas. We love you.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

um, hmmm. Let's say I finish that Ira Bracelet scrapbook and send it on its way. Is that a good enough offer? Tell me the secrets, Joe. :)

By the way, people... it's not too late to participate. If you have an Ira bracelet, go forth and take pictures of you wearing it, and email 'em to me. cowtownstacy @ gmail.com

9:33 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

"You'll have to make an offer I can't refuse if you want to know my "how to" secrets."

You don't remember, do you??

1:48 AM  
Blogger HTE said...

Hi Joe,
I'm Heather Earnhart-wife of David-sister-in-law of Jeff/Marion Earnhart who are close friends of your in-laws (ask Laura to untangle this who am I web for you).

Because of Jeff & Marion, we read your blog often to keep posted on Ira, and your family. (We have a daughter who just turned 27 months).

We also have grandparents that are far from our daughter who would LOVE if I posted video clips on our blog like you have learned to do. If you'll sure your secret we'll send you a copy of the Chicago book "So Big" on your to read list......

Let me know: hat215@yahoo.com or
chicagochronicles.blogspot.com

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home