Sunday, January 28, 2007

one good thing

Having a night nurse means having to sleep in something decent. If something goes wrong I don't have time to put on a pair of pants or a pair of shorts and then run out. I need to be ready immediately. So I sleep in shorts. This, of course, is not my preference.

The one good thing about having a night nurse cancel their shift is getting to sleep in my underwear. When I get that cancellation call I do a "I Get to Sleep in my Underwear" dance. Tonight, I'm dancin'!

-

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too funny! Kevin says the same thing when our nurse calls in. We sleep in the living room on the couchs right next to John's room. Kevin loves that he can kick up his feet and relax.

Your post made me giggle!
Sleep tight!
Barb

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is funny!

2:36 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

TMI

1:11 PM  
Blogger sirEller said...

the day i decided to have an insulin pump was a good day. but with those goods we get the bad. i know that pain, i have to have somewhere for the pump to sleep while i'm sleeping, and therefore have to wear shorts as well. dance proudly my son, dance dance dance!!!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Kari Smith said...

You had me laughing out loud on that one!!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you ever dream that the nurse calls to you from the other room, and you hurry out of bed, only to realize too late that you'd forgotten to sleep in shorts? Everytime I sleep away from home, I dream that I forgot to wear pajamas to bed and have kicked my covers off. Embarrassing for me, but downright PAINFUL for my hosts! lol!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home