Tuesday, February 06, 2007

a sign of the apocalypse?

Texas A&M is ballin'. No, I'm not talking about football or baseball. I'm talking basketball. They are the first Big 12 South team to win at Kansas's Allen Fieldhouse this past Saturday and they easily beat Texas last night. A&M has won 21 consecutive home games and looks to be a legitimate top ten contender.

This news begs the question, Is this just a fluke season or is it the end of the world as we know it?

Or is there another option like, say...(dare I mention it?)...that A&M could be turning into a legitimate basketball school?

-

7 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Upton said...

Having suffered through Aggie basketball in the 90s and early 00s, the campus is alive with excitment over Aggie basketball. I haven't had to avoid Reed Arena on game days in the past, but everything is changing now--and I can actually watch it on local TV (that is a first)!

4:01 PM  
Blogger happytheman said...

uhhhh, I would have to say it's called the balance of power when your football teams sucks the basketball team has to do what you can't.

7:31 PM  
Blogger jch said...

happytheman, seems to me that tu has major problems then as it got whipped by A&M in both football and bball. :)

10:16 PM  
Blogger TEXASFAN said...

TOTAL CONSPIRACY AGAINST THE MIGHTY TEXAS LONGHORNS! How much money do you guys have? Paying the players and refs in EVERY sport! Come on. Those ticky tack fouls towards the end of the game and the shots! How did those crazy, game of H-o-r-s-e, shots go in! That voodoo you aggies do worked that night! TOTAL CONPSIRACY I SCREAM! CONSPIRACY!!!
-Adam

9:56 AM  
Blogger fritz said...

OK, Joe. I'll give you the Aggies if you give me the #4 rated Wisconsin Badgers!

6:48 PM  
Blogger shell said...

I had the honor of watching the Aggies BTHO the Longhorns on Monday night. Reed was electric, the students were incredible. My favorite was when Durant fouled at the end of the game and the students started chanting "Acie's Better"! It was awesome!! Gig 'em Ags!!!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Jennie Wells Hughes said...

How 'bout those Raiders?

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home