Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Goin' home

Sophia and I are heading for Tahoka, Texas on Thursday. We haven't been to Tahoka in about three years so we're looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to seeing old high school friends, hanging with my mom, dad and sister and doing a bunch of nothing. Sophia's looking forward to taking two airplanes to get there. Me? Not so much.

And one more thing, I've somehow been snookered into preaching on Sunday morning at the Tahoka Church of Christ. So if you're in the area at around 10 a.m. on Sunday and have a hankerin' to hear a sermon on the evils of rock-n-roll, the perils of dancing and a summation of the call to aretology from our early patristic mothers and fathers then stop by. Kidding. I'll probably talk about Jesus or something like that.

-

7 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Have a safe trip!!!!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Glo said...

You use those high-falootin' words in my presence and I'm REALLY going to wash your mouth out with soap! Can't wait to have you "home" even though it won't be complete until Laura and Ira can come be here with you. Will bake the coffee cake tomorrow so it will be fresh. Grandmother is bringing you some of her sweet rolls, but it's a secret so don't tell her I told you.
Love,
Mom/Gram/Glo

10:16 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Enjoy and have a safe trip. I'll pray for a safe trip for the two of you and an "uneventful" few days for Laura and Ira.

12:17 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Joe, you are tempting me to drive from Abilene to Tahoka to see your face and hear you speak. I don't know how far it is...I think only a couple of hours. I would do it in heartbeat if I didn't have a commitment at 2 o'clock that afternoon.

11:18 PM  
Blogger RD said...

I know a great book on reverse culture shock just in case you need it.
-Russ

3:25 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

aww! Say hi to Mom and Dad for me. I still owe them a CD that actually plays, and one of the Ira wristbands that we borrowed back in June. Y'all have fun!

5:17 PM  
Blogger mad4books said...

I'm with julie (above) on this one...Abilene's only a few hours away, right?

Too bad I'll be packing to leave on my own trip (a technology conference). Break a leg, sermon-wise!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home