Thursday, March 08, 2007

a few hits

1) Your ideas for Laura were brilliant. I can tell the suggestions have sparked something in Laura. Her wheels are turning and I've noticed her spending time on her laptop writing. She tells me there will be something for me to post come Monday. I promise you will hear from her next week.

2) This week's episode of LOST did it for me. I'll hang around a bit longer. It was a pretty darn good episode but I'm a sucker for scenes that depict radical forgiveness so it could be that I was suckered. What did you think about this week's episode? I always appreciate Jonathan's reviews. Check them out here.

3) How in the world did Haley and Sanjaya make the cut tonight on AI? Is America tone deaf? Good news is that AI will correct itself and the final few will be legit contenders.

4) Speaking of AI, did you see that the show is going to raise money for poverty stricken kids here in American and over in Africa? As they made that announcement on the show tonight they showed footage of kids in Africa and kids here in America who are victims of poverty. There was an incredible physical disparity between the kids in African as compared to those in America. I'm not at all saying that we don't have poverty issues here in America but I couldn't help but notice the extreme difference.

-

5 Comments:

Blogger RD said...

As for item #2 LOST, yes, awesome scene. Immediately following the "cat redemption" dialogue Rebecca and I looked at each other and said, "We should probably get a copy of that scene." Excellent. But Locke is starting to annoy.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Richie said...

I thought the poverty campaign was great on AI. AI is such a giant, it's nice to see them do something humanitarian.

As to Lost, in typical JJ Abrams fashion, I lost (no pun intended) interest after the first season. The plot just got absolutely ridiculous. I'll just stick with you favorite grounded in reality, Joe -- Grey's. Heck, they have forgiveness there. Even one of the scenes you or a commentor noted -- the mistress asking for love advice from the ex-wife -- hey if that's not forgiveness . . .

9:11 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Great. The one week we miss LOST and it's getting good reviews. Figures.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I was also giving up on Lost, but this past episode reeled me back.

American Idol--shocked at the results..I was a Sundance fan because he lives about 15 miles up the road from my hometown. Hopefully it will redeem itself.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Glo said...

Joe, our South African friends (Quentin and Vicky Funk) affirm the poverty in Africa. But they adamantly claim that the biggest concern is AIDS. The sexual relationships between teachers/students exponentially increases this concern. 80%(?) of the African teachers leave the profession every year (1) because they die of AIDS or (2) because they can't tolerate the promiscuity associated with this profession. Africa needs TEACHERS to help relieve the AIDS epidemic, educate the children, and bring some morality back to this country. Three cheers to Oprah and her efforts to educate young African women!

On a lighter side, Ira "talked" enthusiastically to his Granddaddy on the phone this morning! Tickled Joe F. to pieces! Everybody should know that Ira loves "being in the middle of the action" and loves playing with other children. What a sweetheart!
Love,
Mom/Gram/Glo

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home