Sunday, May 06, 2007

the BQE and Me

Jeremy, a friend from Golden, Colorado; Ryan, my brother-in-law from College Station, Texas; and I rode in the Five Boro Bike Tour today. It was awesome. We shared the road with 32,000 other riders. The ride was supposed to start at 8 a.m. but there were so many of us that we didn't start peddling until 8:45 PM. It took us about four hours to complete the ride and that was with a bathroom/banana stop. Despite freezing our butts off early in the morning, we had a blast! It was very cool to ride through all five boroughs with no traffic with which to deal.

Seriously, you should definitely join us next year as we plan to make this an annual event on our calendars. Are you in?
-------------------------------
So the Yankees have won five of their last six, Wang recently had a perfect game going into the 8th and we signed Roger Clemens. Suddenly, things are looking up for the struggling Yankees who have started ten different pitchers since the beginning of the season. Oh how I love the Yankee brass who will spend just about anything to make things right! :)
------------------------------
Ira is doing so good. So very good. I put together a vlog this past Thursday so that I could, in person, tell you some of the specifics of his situation but I got tired of looking at and listening to myself during the editing process and figured that you, too, probably get tired of seeing and hearing me. I made myself sick to my own stomach. Anyway, the vlog was all about how well Ira's doing and how much better we're all feeling about his future. In fact, being able to speak so freely about the future excites us. Maybe I'll put the vlog up but in the meantime, please know that he's doing wonderfully. The air, the vibe, the atmosphere (whatever you want to call it) is lighter in our apartment these days.

-

6 Comments:

Blogger happytheman said...

Maybe I can get Tesserman to take me to a game next year during bike race. I'll be there the first week of April. Make a fair trade come out here for the hotter then hell ride.

8:54 PM  
Blogger holly said...

You and your little bike buddies are in a heap of trouble with me. Go check out my blog for what happened to those of us who kindly ceded the roads so you could relish the "traffic free" ride!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Perks said...

WOW! Love to read about Ira doing so well!!!! PRAISE GOD!

Please....post that vlog!
Love you and miss you,
M,D,C,P, and I

10:56 PM  
Blogger acombs said...

Are you kidding? I never get tired of hearing how wonderful Ira is doing. In print or in vblog. KNow what you mean though, can't stand the sound of myself on voice mail. Also, way to go on the bike race. Sounds fun, but sort of painful.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

hooray !!!!!!!! very glad to hear it ...

4:01 PM  
Blogger Zeb and Ally Pent said...

I like the Yankees. I compare them to George W. They always find a way to win sooner or later. But I think that Clemens will be the yankees WMD... maybe there was something there but it's too late...

C'mon, just post the vlog!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home