Thursday, August 11, 2005

They are gonig to intubate Ira on Friday morning. You might remember that neurology got involved in Ira's life in early July. They did an EEG and wanted to perform an MRI to make sure Ira didn't have a stroke or something of that nature. They did the EEG but never did the MRI. So they'll take advantage of Ira being intubated and do the MRI on Friday morning. He'll be sedated for that procedure. And then we'll all wait for the surgery on Friday night where Ira will once again be sedated.

I can't really explain it but it's different this time around. In the beginning when everything was happening so quickly we didn't really have time to catch our breath and because it was all a matter of life and death we didn't think twice about what was going on and what Ira was being put through. But now our little guy is almost four months old. He is has a personality. He communicates with us with grunts and gurgles and smiles at us. We know him much better and he knows us much better.

I remember my mom and dad having a hard time when I was a teen and had three heart procedures. I now know their feeling of absolute fear. I'm scared.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe and Laura,
Words seem so inadequate. And yet I wanted to write and give you some kind of response/encouragement. Your last few sentences struck a chord with me. So honest.

I don't have the answers -- but I know that God loves us so much. I know He doesn't want us to fear - and yet we do. I think He understands when we do, though.

We don't know each other - but I have read your blog from the beginning. I, like another blogger said, feel like I know you all from your pictures and your posts. I've been to Manhattan coC years ago when visiting a friend in NYC. I pray each day for Ira to be healed. He's been through alot physically -- and you all have been through valley after valley. I just hope & pray that the Lord is going to provide TOTAL healing for Ira; and that the surgery will be a total success. When I look at my one year old daughter - and I can't fathom how much I love her - I know that the Lord looks down at all of us with even more love than that. I pray that the Lord will wrap His loving arms around you, Laura and Sophia - that you can feel Him loving you. And that the Lord will guide the eyes and hands of the doctors and nurses; and give Ira some much needed healing.
Love in Jesus,
Lisa G.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe & Laura,
I can't begin to imagine what you are feeling right now. Just know that we love you and are praying for you guys. Even though we have never seen Ira, I feel as though we know him and love him because we know & love you and because of the pictures and your openess in your blog. Ira is on our prayer warrior list here in Little Rock. I pray that God will be with Ira and the surgeons on Friday. That the surgery will be a great success and I pray for you guys that God will give you peace tomorrow and the days ahead. Love you, Cousin Brenda

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't find the words to express what our hearts are feeling for you all right now. Please know that you are in our continual thoughts and prayers. May God bless your sweet baby and his surgeons in the morning. Love, Shani Heitmann

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home