Monday, January 09, 2006

Ira's Scrapbook compliments of Stacy

Picture yourself in Ira's Scrapbook!

Picture toddler Ira asking Mommy: "Can we look at my Wristband book again?"

Picture grade school Ira stumbling through his nightly read-out-loud time with Daddy: "Here I am at the Willie Nelson concert. And here I am at the World Series. And here I am at the Nashville Zoo!"

Picture adult Ira sharing the book with his wife: "These are the people who faithfully prayed for me as a baby."

I'm compiling photos, prayers and notes from those of you praying for Ira. The photos will feature The Wristband, with all the people who've worn it and all the travels it's been on. Wouldn't it be cool for the Hayses to see that wristband all over the country and the world? Wouldn't it be cool for other people to see the book and know that there IS power in prayer? And that God's family is as wide as the oceans are deep?

Please help me. Send me photos of you wearing the wristband. It's okay if you haven't taken Ira anywhere as exciting as a World Series game. Take a photo of him in your backyard, or at your church, or with your dog. Get creative and have fun taking your pictures. Then send them to me, along with the following information:

1. Your full name or the name of your group
2. Your relationship to the Hays family
3. Where the photo was taken
4. A written prayer or note, if you'd like to have it included with your photo.
5. Put all this into an e-mail with IRA as the subject and send to: cowtownstacy@charter.net

You can send printed photos or digital images, and I'll compile them for Joe, Laura, Sophia and Ira.

If you don't have a wristband and would like to participate, click here.

We will make the scrapbook available online, so that you can see its progress. If you're uncomfortable with your name and location being posted on the internet, make a note of that in your email and I'll make sure to blur that part out.

Thank you for your participation in this project. I am blessed beyond words to be working on it.

Stacy Kocur,
Ft. Worth, Texas

2 Comments:

Blogger happytheman said...

Ira was at the Rose Bowl last week on my wrist.

He will be at Middle Tennessee Christian School Homecoming this weekend.

He will be at the Joni Mitchell Tribute Concert at Carnegie Hall on the 1st.

I will start taking pictures.

You all are always in my thoughts and in my prayers.

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

joe i should be good at this, but i've failed you. I left my wristband at home in N.O. and my dad is currently packing it up and sending it to me. I'll get on it.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home