Monday, October 09, 2006

season over? hardly

The day after the Yanks lost the series to the Tigers, my mother-in-law took Sophia to the Museum of Natural History. They came upon an amphitheatre and it suddenly sparked something in Sophia. She told Kay to sit down and then Sophia took her seat. Kay asked Sophia what they were doing and Sophia indignantly said, "We're watching a Yankees game, K. K.!" And for the next several minutes, Sophia was the play-by-play commentator. The result? The Yankees won!

So while the Yanks may be ousted in real time, they play on in our heads. For true fans, the season never ends.

-

2 Comments:

Blogger happytheman said...

Go Dodger Blue...Oh,,,Them Bums....I heard it's going to be Pinella.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I know, I know. I often feel as though the battle is already lost so why bother with the fight? But, alas the cards are definately still number one in my life and I get giddy anytime they are talked about or seen on the tube. And Sophia proudly struts her Cardinal shirt around this Brooklyn neighborhood...

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home