Friday, November 24, 2006

t-day

I was bound and determined to take Sophia to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade despite the cold, wet weather. We bundled up and took off on the F train. We got to Columbus Circle at 8:30 a.m. and got a pretty good spot between 59th and 58th streets. Sophia was very patient waiting for the parade to start. We played the "What color is the subway?" game.

"What color is the A train?"
"Blue."
"What color is the F train?"
"Orange."

After exhausting the "What color is the subway?" game, we resorted to singing TV show songs. Those standing next to us were either impressed that Sophia could sing so many TV show songs or very disappointed in me as a parent. Oh well...

About thirty minutes into the parade it started pouring. I kept asking Sophia if she wanted to leave. With rain dripping down her nose she kept turning down my offers to leave. She couldn't get enough of it. We stayed for about ninety minutes and had a blast. I love my outings with her!

We then walked down to our neighbors' house and had a Thanksgiving dinner. It was fun to get the family dressed up and out of the house. We shared a meal with fourteen others. I was amazed at how easy and comfortable these others (single folks without kids) felt around Ira. Several of them could be seen holding Ira throughout the evening. The meal was delicious, the atmosphere was laid back and the company was genuine.

We missed being with our St. Louis family (it's a St. Louis Thanksgiving year) but yesterday was pretty special all the way around.

What about you? What did you do on Thanksgiving?

-

3 Comments:

Blogger James E. Miller said...

The Millers in St. Louis had all the children home - six adults and one 2-year-old. Add two more adults and a teenager for Thanksgiving dinner.

We are headed to the St. Louis Zoo this morning. Glad you all had a good day.

BTW- We saw Kay, Jason and Gavin yesterday. We had to borrow a pie pan from the Heintz household!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

We went to a friend's house. She does a themed Thanksgiving every year; this year it was "fiesta." There was turkey, but everything else was a Mexican dish. Delicious, and so nice of them to invite us over!

Then we hung around the house. The next two days I get to spend one-on-one time with both of my sisters without my kids hanging around.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy Guys!!!!

WHOOOP!!!! Guess what I was doing on Thanksgiving day???? I was driving to see the A&M/ t.u. game--- which we WON!!!!! WHOOP!!!

Before we left for the game though, me and the girls headed over to my girlfriend's house to eat a Thanksgiving feast with her extended family--- Yes, you read correctly... my girlfriend. Ha-Ha. It feels funny telling you online like this. Her name's Tessa, and we're having a great time. Jake, Darin, and their families got to meet her over the weekend before Thanksgiving when we drove up to my sis' place in Burleson. She's a mommy of 3- a 15 year old girl, a 7 yo son, and a 5 yo son. Hallie and Andre were actually in the same class last year at school, but we never met! Weird.

Your family photo brought a huge smile on my face, and reading about your Thanksgiving dinner and the parade escapades with Sophia were awesome! I miss you guys and pray for the day when I can lay eyes and hugs on each of you again.

Oh, and btw... Tessa is a respiratory therapist, so if you ever think of trying to make it to Texas with the four of you then maybe she can help you take care of Ira while you're here. She brought that up to me- not the other way around.

Love you guys and am still praying always for you,

Todd Stack (and Hallie and Jadyn)

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home