Wednesday, August 17, 2005

We just got home from the hospital. Ira looked great. So great, in fact, that I thought I would share some pics we took of him tonight.

Here's Ira hanging out in my lap. He was pretty comfortable like this for about 15 minutes and then decided that it was time to change positions. That darn CPAP is one annoying device! You can see that I'm having to hold up his tubes so that he doesn't feel the pull of them or else he extends. Ira's PT and OT get on to us about him extending.


Sitting up
Originally uploaded by joechays.

Ira is sitting in his Tumble Form. It's an occupational therapy chair that fits right in his crib. It helps him work on his core muscles. Can I get a work-out for my core muscles by just sitting? I love the eye contact between Ira and Laura. And yes, Ira is constantly playing with his CPAP. He often pulls it out and makes himself mad.


Mommy is so pretty
Originally uploaded by joechays.

And finally, here's a shot of the famed mohawk. Ira's had IVs in his head and each time they do it, they shave a bit more hair off his head. Laura and I are unsure as to what we will do with his hair but as you can imagine, it's the least of our worries. For now, we get a good laugh at his hairdo.


Nice Mohawk
Originally uploaded by joechays.

Click on any of the above pictures to go to my Flickr account to see more pics of Ira and Sophia.

15 Comments:

Blogger Serena Voss said...

How precious!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just can't wait to hold that precious little baby boy and squeeze his cheeks! His eyes are beautiful! And, about the haircut... apparently, it's a pretty popular hairstyle for celebrities to give their little boys right now. Ira's just setting a trend! And he pulls it off so well! Love y'all so much! Julie Gay

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Denise

11:43 PM  
Blogger Olivia said...

Joe, Laura, and Ira,

I know you don't know me, but I want you to know that we prayed for you and your family tonight at church and I will continue to lift you and especially Ira up to the Lord. Thank you for being exactly who you are, as parents, spouses, and simply Christians. Your words are true and undoubtedly capture a realness that brings hope for those who underservingly accountered pain and sorrow. For those who have witnessed struggle and cried in anger to a God that is big enough to handle it all, the honesty in your heart is what truly models a desire to understand Christ and keep going.

I can't even fathom your daily fluctuation of emotion. I only pray that these moments can somehow possibly honor God. I pray for strength, comfort, and peace.

Please know there are people all over this country that know who you are and ask the same prayer requests I write tonight.

In Christ,
Olivia

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What sweet pictures!
Love you guys,
Brenda

8:32 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Guys, he looks great! Glad he had a good day!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures - Ira looks wonderful!

-D.J.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Great pics...he's so cute!!! Thanks for sharing. Those photos make me smile.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I am so thankful that Ira is feeling good. He looks wonderful. As others said, the picts brought a smile to my face this morning.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

You don't know me but I am praying for Ira and for you all. God bless your family as Ira continues to heal.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Malaysian Debster said...

Joe and Laura, you have such a handsome son! I especially love his pretty eyes. Wow, he's really growing bigger and bigger by the day. Thank you for your updates and we continue to be inspired by your tremendous faith and strength through this journey with Ira. Prayers continue to come your way from Dallas! ~ Debbie and Josue Villarreal

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I just want to squeeze those cheeks! And what beautiful blue eyes!

Beth

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precious, precious pictures! Our Laney sports a mohawk too and her hair hasn't even been shaved...I think it's just the new "in" hairdo for babys! We're praying!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know your family, but am praying for baby Ira. My favorite is the mohawk WITH the cow-lick. So precious -- just like the pic of him adoring his momma.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ira is getting so big!! And he is quite the cutie.

We hope/pray that all stays better for Ira! -Rob

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home