Sunday, September 25, 2005

My Media

Every Sunday night I'll change my Movies I Like and Books I Like on the sidebar.

The movies I chose tonight have a theme: strong girls/women. "Born into Brothels" is an amazing documentary about kids who are born into brothels in India. The girls documented are strong, smart and capable in spite of their oppressive surroundings. I want Sophia to ride a whale someday so "Whale Rider" makes perfect sense. If Sophia can play half as good as Keira Knightley's character in "Bend it Like Beckham" Laura and I will retire early. Finally, the strength, resolve and leadership of the mother in "In America" are qualities I desire for Sophia to have. The message from these strong girls/women? Anything is possible!

The books I chose are books Sophia likes and that we like to read to her. (Not all books are fun to read!) "Who Hoots?" and "Quick as a Cricket" are fun books that are well illustrated. "please, baby, please" is a hilarious book by Spike Lee. Finally, "Knuffle Bunny" is written by a guy who lives in Brooklyn. The story is set in Brooklyn. The pictures and story are very familiar.

Check 'em out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home