Friday, January 13, 2006

How's Ira?

Just a quick note to say that all is stable with Ira. There have been some "moments" this week that have scared us but all in all, things are stable and we are progressing very, very slowly.

When I picked Sophia up at daycare on Tuesday her teacher said that Sophia was "very sensitive today." No duh! Sophia is doing a bit better at night. She slept solidly on Wednesday night and we were thrilled. The two times Ira was rushed to the hospital during the week before Christmas took place in the middle of the night. Sophia woke those next mornings to find no Ira and no parents. We wonder if nighttime scares her as she considers the possibility that everyone could be gone in the morning.

Laura had to be on antibiotics for 24 hours before she could go be with Ira. To see Ira in the state that he's in and to not be able to hold him is hard enough. And then to be told, "you can't come see your son," adds so much more pain. It was hard for Laura. She was able to see Ira again on Tuesday night and Laura is feeling much better.

We're hanging in there. Some days are better than others. The PICU experience is so much harder than the NICU experience. Maybe I'll write about that at some point. We are so thankful to have the crucial third person helping us out. Laura's mom helped out for two weeks and now my mom is helping out. It makes things so much more manageable. A big shout out to the moms!
-----------------------------
Wanna watch a movie this weekend? Rent Millions. Then watch it with your friends and have an honest discussion about money. Then watch it at church, synagogue or whatever and have a confessional about how we view, treat and think about money. Then watch it again. And then pray that we can all become like little Damian.

5 Comments:

Blogger JKMeeks said...

thanks for the update. I know you must get exhausted letting everyone know how he is doing. Think about him alot and pray for him all the time. Glad to hear he is progressing. My God continue to sustain all of you.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Give Ira a kiss for us...

11:13 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

We've had Millions sitting here in its Netflix mailer for over a week, but haven't had time to watch it yet. Now I'm eager! Maybe next week.... :)

Y'all keep holding on. We're still lifting you up.
(((hugs)))

12:09 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I did not have time today at work to check the blog. But I couldn't sleep because Ira was on my mind. I laid there for around 30 minutes thinking about you guys and hoping that when I came in here to log in there would be an update on him. THANKS! I am glad that he is improving. I do believe that you guys should get him the "little engine that could" and start reading it to him pretty often. Better yet, email me your address so that I can mail you one. I believe in miracles and I believe that you have one in your family. Tell him to keep "thinking he can"! I guess that I can go to sleep now : )

2:10 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

I have shared your story and requests with many people. They ask me, "How's your Baby Ira?" And I respond with what I know, "My Baby Ira is..." And I realize we are connected tightly to Ira and your family in a way that only God can understand.

There are no prayers nor tears that are stronger than those of Ira's mommy and daddy and big sister. Yet, we continue to pray and cry and hope with you.

Be well, little Ira.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home