Sunday, April 09, 2006

LIAR!

I've been lying to my wife for the past three weeks. Stories were exaggerated. Some were completely fabricated. Little lies turned into big lies. I wove friends into the lies. Heck, I even lured Laura's mom into my lying ways!

On Saturday night, Laura opened the door of a friend's apartment and was greeted by over 50 people who yelled, "SURPRISE!"

Laura's 30th birthday was lost last year as we anxiously awaited Ira's arrival and so this year, I decided that her 31st needed to be celebrated in a very big way. Neighbors, hospital friends, church family, an old high school friend and actual family showed up to honor Laura.

We played a "How Well Do You Really Know Laura?" game, watched an iMovie that entailed pictures from her past to her present and then honored Laura with our words. The words people spoke were perfect.

Hopefully Laura will feast on this party for quite some time.


-

4 Comments:

Blogger amg said...

Sweet Joe! My heart is so happy right now. Thank you for taking care of my friend. I wish I could have been there to share my love for Laura. I know that warmed her soul to be in the presence of family and friends. Good Job! What a wonderful husband you are.
ca

10:41 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

That sounds like so much fun! My family and two best friends lied to me for almost 2 months while planning my 30th suprise party. I'm so glad you were able to pull it off for Laura.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I am sure that it was quite a party! Good job Joe! Have a great rest of the week.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Bradford L. Stevens said...

Happy Birthday Laura! If you think 30 makes you feel old ask those of us who watched you grow up! Based on what I see of your mom and dad you have great genes to fall back on!

God bless,

Brad Stevens

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home