Thursday, October 12, 2006

inspiring

Whatever you do today, go pick up the latest edition of Sports Illustrated and read Rick Reilly's article titled Trumpeting the Father of the Year. The article is about a father who makes certain that his special needs child gets to march in the Univeristy of Louisville marching band. To say the least, I wept as I read the article hoping that I will be half the father to Ira that this guy is to his son.

Please, go read the article. It will inspire you.

-

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Couldn't read it, Joe, because I'm not an SI subscriber. I usually just read all of Rick Reilly's columns when I'm at your apartment.

peace -- Katie

10:36 AM  
Blogger KentF said...

Great post Joe and great article - you are very inspiring to me my man - very much so. But, I do agree - I question if I could be that kind of dad - maybe we're too critical of our parenting potential?

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home